Sausage Cheese Rolls
Bila sausage dah habis..jadila Pain au Lait..
Resepi from: Dailydelicous
300 gm bread flour
1 sachet Instant dried yeast
10g sugar ( i put more sebab nak bagi manis sket)
6 gm of salt ( i put secubit..)
30g unsalted butter (soft)
220-230gm one egg plus whole milk (campurkan)
12 pieces sausage
6 slices cheese ( kalau suka cheese boleh tambah )
**One egg plus 2 tsp of water for glazing
Sedikit caster sugar untuk ditabur
- Put flour, sugar and yeast in a bowl. whisk to combine, add salt and whisk again. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl.
- Mix togather using large spoon or pastry scapper, and knead briefly to bring all the ingredients together. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead again. you will see the dough will be elastic after about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and knead by using the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself. Give the dough a little turn and repeat. Put the weight of your body into the motion and get into a rhythm. Keep folding over and compressing the dough. Knead for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny, almost satiny.
Or you can also try stretching part of the dough, if it can stretch into a thin sheet without breaking, you've kneaded enough.
- Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size (can be 1 hour or 1 hour and a half check often depend on the temperature).
Take the dough out of the bowl, deflate by touch it lightly.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces, roll into a ball and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin to roll the dough into an oval shape, place the sausage in the middle, cut both side of the dough into strips, and place half of the cheese slice over the sausage. Fold the strips alternating the left and right over the sausage.
- Place the dough on the oven sheet, lined with non stick baking paper (the cheese will melt while baking and some will leak). Preheat the oven to 200°C. Let the dough rise until almost double in size, brush with egg wash. Bake for 8 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake for 5 minutes more or until the rolls are golden brown.